The Morclean wash tank is self-contained and over spray is restricted using polycarbonate screening to three sides. Components are placed on the open mesh grating and the contaminated wash water falls into the base tank where it is settled. Depending on the dimensions and the application the base tank and sump can be designed to incorporate an interceptor which, in turn, saves space and the need for excavation to install a secondary interceptor.
Wash Tank Applications
Wash tanks are ideal for washing parts, components, garden machinery, small plant, engines, portable equipment etc; where parts – contaminated with oils, grease or harmful substances – have to be washed in a sensitive area. Past projects include; parts from oil rigs, wheelchairs and walking aids from hospitals and components from mining, shipping, gas, aerospace, quarrying or oil industries.
|Base Tank||6mm fully welded|
|Flooring||1000mm open mesh|
|Posts||80 x 80 x 5mm SHS|
Wash Tank Design
The general design is made up of a 6mm base tank which is fully welded and typically 300mm to 400mm deep. The internal structure of the tank is designed to act as a silt trap and the outlet is positioned on one of the base sides.
The open mesh flooring has removable grating to ease access and cleaning while the top of the tank features chequer plate flooring all supported by associated steel supports (determined by the max load of the items to be placed on the grating).
Side screens to protect from overspray are supported by 80mm x 80mm x 5mm SHS posts and typically 2m in height, and clad with polycarbonate screening fixed between the supporting posts.
All the above steel is galvanised to EN 150 1461:2.
In addition to the above a control panel can be fitted to either side of the wash tank and the system can incorporate a Morclean hot or cold-water pressure wash of up to 3000Psi.
Specifications dependant on max loading placed on the base tank and mesh floor. Larger models and sizes also available and due to transportation these may need to be made 2 sections and lifted by HIAB and offloaded to a position onsite.
|2m Wash Tank||3m Wash Tank|
"Washing the Range Rover in the Snow" Morclean Permanent Wash Pad Demonstration
Click below to view our full product guide. (opens in a new window)
Morclean’s quality administration systems have been assured and approved to the standards and guidelines of BS EN ISO 9000:2000 for the sales, service and hire of industrial cleaning equipment.
Our registration no. is 94/121120 and our standards and guidelines are externally audited by CIS.
- Please note that many models described on this website are bespoke, and as such cannot always be accurately depicted.
- All photographs and illustrations displayed on this website are representative of model ranges or a model series only. Individual models and specifications may vary from those shown.
- Please contact us if you require clarification or individual specifications of any equipment. Morclean reserve the right to update and amend the specification of our equipment and accessories without notice and in the interest of the customer.
- Images or specifications must not be reproduced with express written consent from Morclean Ltd.
- Any prices quoted are subject to VAT @ SR. E &OE