Morclean Dosing Systems and Partial Treatment of Water
Dosing Systems and Partial Treatment of Water is a free standing unit, wall mounting is not practical or necessary as the unit contains the dosing system itself, dosing product and control panel.
Typically the Morclean dosing system is used for water conditioning or where the emulsification of oils needs to be split for subsequent removal.
The dosing pumps are available on various dose capacities, pulses and dosage amounts and are all built to order as a site specific device.
The mounting plate can be fixed to any suitable floor and the unit requires an incoming, isolated power supply.
Specification and technical details available on request.
The EA and SEPA Pollution Prevention Guidelines (PPG) which are jointly produced by the Environment Agency for England and Wales, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, and the Environment and Heritage Service for Northern Ireland (Ref PPG3 / PPG13 / PPG4 / PPG 14) suggest that Class 2 wash bay silt traps and interceptors should be connected only to a mains foul drain, and Class 1 separators to surface drain.
The above assumes you have the consent to connect any outflow to a suitable drain as per the appropriate PPG Guideline. While we always endeavour to provide best advice and accurate information, it the responsibility of the client and/or landowner to comply with the law. Following any guideline doesn’t remove your responsibility to comply with the law and prevent pollution from your activities. Causing or allowing pollution is a criminal offence; compliance with any guidance isn’t a defence. You should make sure that the references to other sources of guidance are still current.
Extract from the Pollution Prevention Guidelines: PPG13
3. Requirements for all vehicle washing and cleaning activities
Activities that produce run-off from the vehicle onto the ground and use cleaning and valeting products should be carried out in areas that are clearly marked and isolated from surface water drainage systems, unmade ground and porous surfaces. These areas are called designated washing bays.
A designated washing bay should be designed so that run-off is:
- isolated using channels, gullies, gradient (fall on the surface) and kerbs
- directed to a silt trap or settlement tank to remove larger particles of silt and sediment
- either collected in a sealed system for reuse, discharged to the public foul sewer with prior permission
- of the local sewer provider or collected in a sealed system for authorised disposal
You should also:
- have procedures for everyone, including contractors, that cover where and how vehicle washing and cleaning should be carried out and what to do in a spillage emergency
- provide notices for designated washing bays saying what they’re for and that washing and cleaning should only be carried out in the bay
- consider whether a fence or barrier is required to prevent spray or wind drift out of the designated area
- have procedures and equipment which minimises water use and solid waste production
Click below to view our full product guide. (opens in a new window)
Morclean’s quality administration systems have been assured and approved to the standards and guidelines of BS EN ISO 9000:2000 for the sales, service and hire of industrial cleaning equipment.
Our registration no. is 94/121120 and our standards and guidelines are externally audited by CIS.
- Please note that many models described on this website are bespoke, and as such cannot always be accurately depicted.
- All photographs and illustrations displayed on this website are representative of model ranges or a model series only. Individual models and specifications may vary from those shown.
- Please contact us if you require clarification or individual specifications of any equipment. Morclean reserve the right to update and amend the specification of our equipment and accessories without notice and in the interest of the customer.
- Images or specifications must not be reproduced with express written consent from Morclean Ltd.
- Any prices quoted are subject to VAT @ SR. E &OE