Under Chassis Cleaning for PSVs and HGVs
In an ever-increasing health & safety environment an under chassis jet wash offers a viable, totally safe alternative to traditional methods of chassis cleaning for both public service vehicles (PSVs) and heavy goods vehicles (HGVs).
Designed and manufactured in the UK, our under chassis jet wash system is the most established, automatic programmable chassis cleaning system. It replaces the manual aspects of chassis cleaning, which often result in poor and inconsistent quality of cleaning, long vehicle downtime and high costs.
Many blue chip companies are satisfied customers, including:
Simple To Operate
Operation of the under chassis wash system is extremely simple:
- Locate the vehicle on the wash pad
- Select desired programme number
- Push the start key
- The whole programme is automatic
- Cleaning trolley moving along the track
- Unique spray nozzle oscillates and sweeps from side to side.
40 Wash Programmes
Up to 40 wash programmes can be stored to suit different vehicle lengths and wash times.
Wash programmes can be entered at the time of commissioning.
Programme additions and modifications can be made by a simple procedure that requires no specialist knowledge.
Four Times Greater Efficiency
The under chassis jet wash system is proven to be up to four times more efficient than manual cleaning methods.
Using the under chassis jet washer wash guarantees consistent cleaning results.
As the programme cycles are automatic, water, electricity, detergent and oil/gas fuel usage can be accurately forecast for budgetary purposes.
Once an under chassis wash system has been installed, vehicles are cleaned more frequently and service times are reduced.
Faults are detected earlier, possibly avoiding major and costly vehicle breakdowns.
Speedy and Flexible Installation
Installation of the under chassis jet wash system is quick and simple. The trolley rails are either:
- Bolted direct to the floor
- Suspended over an existing inspection pit or
- Fitted to a specially constructed ramp
- Healthy and safe alternative to manual chassis cleaning
- Up to 4 times more productive than manual cleaning
- Measurable cost savings
- Total quality control
- Improved working conditions for vehicle technicians
- More vehicles cleaned more frequently, resulting in improved maintenance and earlier fault detection
- Accurate forecasting of chassis cleaning costs possible following installation
Varying options are available to suit both customer and site requirements, for example:
By-laws Compliance – Water Boost Set
The water by-laws compliance – boost set is constructed from a 227 Litre plastic tank incorporating the required air gap between stored water level and the town water supply, water inlet float valves and required overflows.
One off centrifugal boost pump is connected to the storage tank to supply the high-pressure triplex Cat pump located in the pump module with water at the correct flow and pressure for optimum performance and reliability.
Water level is controlled by means of a float valve. A low level float switch is fitted in the storage tank to stop all pumps from operating. The tank and associated pipe work is adequately protected against frost damage.
There are two options offered for the application of detergents:
- before high-pressure washing (foam application) and
- during high-pressure washing (detergent injection).
Remote Cable Winding Drum
For use with pit mounted installations and where it is not practical to locate pump module and drive unit in the same area.
Hot Water Module
Purpose built self-contained 3-pass heat exchanger to provide 45 ltrs/min or 90 ltrs/min at 70°C oil or gas fired.
Fitted with Nu-Way or Selectos burners housed in lightweight fibreglass cover.
Note: all exhaust gas flue ductwork is to be supplied and installed by the customer.
CAP002 Automatic Frost Protection
If temperatures fall below the pre-determined value set on the frost stat, a solenoid valve is operated allowing all water to be blown from the high pressure hoses by compressed air for an adjustable time.
The activation of the frost protection system disables the use of the equipment until the frost stat has reset.
CHG001 Hand Lance System
Trigger operated hand lance, complete with high pressure hose for manual cleaning.
High pressure water is diverted from the pump module for use with the hand lance.
45 ltrs/min (10gpm) @ 130 bar (2000 p.s.i) generated by high pressure CAT pump, driven by 11Kw 415v 50Hz motor.
Fitted with preset safety valve, adjustable pressure regulator and pulsation damper.
Zinc plated or galvanised fabrication housed under fixed fibreglass lightweight cover.
90 ltrs/min (20 gpm) @ 130 bar (2000 p.s.i) generated by 2 off high-pressure CAT pumps, driven by 2 of 11Kw 415v 50Hz motors.
Fitted with sealed tamperproof safety valve, adjustable pressure regulator and pulsation damper.
Zinc plated or galvanised fabrications housed under fibreglass lightweight cover.
Click below to view our full product guide. (opens in a new window)
Morclean’s quality administration systems have been assured and approved to the standards and guidelines of BS EN ISO 9000:2000 for the sales, service and hire of industrial cleaning equipment.
Our registration no. is 94/121120 and our standards and guidelines are externally audited by CIS.
- Please note that many models described on this website are bespoke, and as such cannot always be accurately depicted.
- All photographs and illustrations displayed on this website are representative of model ranges or a model series only. Individual models and specifications may vary from those shown.
- Please contact us if you require clarification or individual specifications of any equipment. Morclean reserve the right to update and amend the specification of our equipment and accessories without notice and in the interest of the customer.
- Images or specifications must not be reproduced with express written consent from Morclean Ltd.
- Any prices quoted are subject to VAT @ SR. E &OE