Morclean Septic Tanks
In accordance with BS6297 our Septic Tanks are a very small scale sewage treatment system because they are divided in to two parts (chambers), separating the solids from the liquid.
The solids remaining in the first part of the tank will need to be removed occassionally. The waste liquid is sent to a correctly sized irrigation system as specified in PPG4 amd BS 6297.
The horizontal design of the Septic Tank provides good maintenance access. Savings are made on installation costs compared to spherical designs holding the same capacity.
Please note: This item requires frames and manhole covers
The above requires manhole cover(s) and lid(s) (not included). Due to the weights involved covers and lids are expensive to transport and often cost more to ship than they are worth so we advise you source your own. You can purchase covers and lids from most builders merchants and below is a guide to assist you choosing the best type for the duty.
|Type||Size (mm)||Duty||European Standard||Loading||Typical Overground|
|Class A15||600 x 450||Light||BS EN 124||3 tonne (approx)||Cars/Small Vans|
|Class B125||Medium||17 tonne (approx)||Cars/Small Commercial|
|Class D400||Heavy||38 tonne (approx)||Large Commercials/HGV|
The EA and SEPA Pollution Prevention Guidelines (PPG) which are jointly produced by the Environment Agency for England and Wales, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, and the Environment and Heritage Service for Northern Ireland (Ref PPG3 / PPG13 / PPG4 / PPG 14) suggest that Class 2 wash bay silt traps and interceptors should be connected only to a mains foul drain, and Class 1 separators to surface drain.
The above assumes you have the consent to connect any outflow to a suitable drain as per the appropriate PPG Guideline. While we always endeavour to provide best advice and accurate information, it the responsibility of the client and/or landowner to comply with the law. Following any guideline doesn’t remove your responsibility to comply with the law and prevent pollution from your activities. Causing or allowing pollution is a criminal offence; compliance with any guidance isn’t a defence. You should make sure that the references to other sources of guidance are still current.
Click below to view our full product guide. (opens in a new window)
Morclean’s quality administration systems have been assured and approved to the standards and guidelines of BS EN ISO 9000:2015 for the sales, service and hire of industrial cleaning equipment.
Our registration no. is 94/121120 and our standards and guidelines are externally audited by CIS.
- Please note that many models described on this website are bespoke, and as such cannot always be accurately depicted.
- All photographs and illustrations displayed on this website are representative of model ranges or a model series only. Individual models and specifications may vary from those shown.
- Please contact us if you require clarification or individual specifications of any equipment. Morclean reserve the right to update and amend the specification of our equipment and accessories without notice and in the interest of the customer.
- Images or specifications must not be reproduced with express written consent from Morclean Ltd.
- Any prices quoted are subject to VAT @ SR. E &OE